Mahon, Quinn & Mahon, P.C.
636 Broad Street, Meriden, CT 203.238.1010
Mahon Quinn Mahan
Like us on Facebook Connect on LinkedIn
The Interplay Between Workers Compensation and Social Security Disability in CT
The Role Of Social Security Benefits in Divorce
What Should Landlords Do Before They Enter Into A Lease With A Tenant
An Overview of Security Deposits in CT. A Primer for Landlords and Tenants
Lemon Law
What Evidence Must Be Submitted for a Social Security Disability Appeal
Wills & Estates
Underinsured Motorist Coverage in CT
Workers' Compensation in CT
Collaboration Law
How to Deal With a Motor Vehicle Accident
What to Expect During your Lawsuit
Landlord/Tenant Disputes




Contact us
We speak Spanish
Hablamos Español

How to Deal With a Motor Vehicle Accident

Learn how to deal with car accidents before they happen

  • Do not talk to any insurance adjusters from the other party's insurance company.
  • Do not discuss the facts of the accident with anyone unless you clear it with your lawyer first.
  • Do not sign anything without your lawyer's permission.
  • Keep a diary of your trips to all doctors, hospitals, therapists, and notes of your pain with times and dates.
  • Keep all of your medicine bottles and containers (as possible evidence at trial).
  • When you return to your doctor for follow-up exams, be sure to advise him or her of the nature of all of your continuing problems resulting from the accident.
  • Advise your lawyer of any change of doctor or new treatments.
  • Keep a record of all out-of-pocket expenses, including travel expenses, for medical treatment.
  • Report to your lawyer's office any suspicious actions, such as someone taking pictures, videos, etc.
  • Keep any neck or back braces (as possible evidence at trial).

Provide your lawyer with the following (if available)

  • A copy of the police accident report.
  • Any medical and hospital records.
  • All hospital, medical and related bills, either paid or unpaid (physicians, surgeons, ambulance, hospitals, private nursing care, therapy, domestic help, car rental, clothing, etc.)
  • Your automobile and health insurance policies.
  • Photographs (of scene of accident, of your injuries, of your car).
  • Copies of any statements previously made to anyone (opposing side, your insurance carrier, etc.)
  • Repair estimates and bills on any damaged property.
  • Correspondence with insurance company, insurance adjusters.
  • Copies of check stubs and/or other records showing your hourly rate of pay.
Mahon, Quinn, & Mahon, P.C. are experts at handling cases pertaining to motor vehicle accidents. Contact us today to handle your personal injury case.
Avvo Clients Choice Super Lawyers Martindale Hubble Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association Connecticut Bar Association - Board Certified Specialist Workers Compensation

Top  |  Print Printable Version

Web Solutions